Sofía C's Blog

June 13, 2018
Rome, Italy
GIP Trip

Hello,
I hope all is well.
This GIP trip has been an incredible experience and one that I will never forget!
Our journey began in Valdobbiadene where we had a home-stay.
My host family was very nice, and they prepared the most delicious lunches for me to take to school.
My host sister, Camilla, and I bonded over our shyness. It's always nice to find someone that has an aspect of their personality similar to yours.
During our time in Valdobbiadene, the Italian students took us on a day trip to Venice, which was one of my favorite days of the trip. I made several Italian friends that day that I hope to stay in touch with as we go our separate ways.
Although I was sad to leave Valdobbiadene, Rome is beautiful!
It's amazing to think that you are walking in the same area where the famous Romans we hear stories about might have walked. Visiting Pompei gave me a sense of what Roman life may have been like because we visited the ruins of shops, a brothel, roads, and theaters.
Regarding food, pasta thus far has been my favorite, especially orecchiette. Even spaghetti al pomodoro, although simple, is far better than what we have in the U.S :)
I look forward to the rest of the trip and seeing y'all soon!
See you soon,
Sofía C.












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sophia and Ella's Blog

Saturday Shenanigans