Laila's Blog

My home stay with my Italian family in Valdobbiadene proved one of the most spectacular and memorable experiences of my life. It was truly the best three days of my life; while living, eating, and spending time with my Italian friends. When I arrived I was a bit nervous about how I would go about conquering the language barrier; however, I used the basic Italian I learned before the trip and spoke Spanish to communicate. This experience was filled with fun, adventure, love, learning, and excitement. The students who I spent the most time with taught me to live. They demonstrated such genuine kindness and compassion for one another. It taught me life can be both exciting yet educational. Traveling to Venice was also one of my favorite parts of the trip since I bonded with both the American and Italian students. In addition, I loved having dinner with the students and their families as well as playing hide and seek in the dark. While visiting the Possagno I enjoyed viewing Conva's works and use of detail to convey messages relating to femininity, society, and other important figures. I also got the opportunity to play volleyball with the students during a physical education period. Not only did I learn about the Italian culture, but I also became closer to many other students in the American group. It was a pleasure to have met the lively,  Italian students. I will never forget them!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sophia and Ella's Blog

Saturday Shenanigans